Recent IPO’s from the following list of biotech companies have provided blockbuster capital returns so one might ask, what do these A-list companies have in common?
A provocative & differentiated technology.
Experienced entrepreneurial leadership.
Recent examples include:
- Silverback / Laura Shawler / $277m
- SEER / Omid Farokhzad / $250m
- Sigilon / Rogerio Vivaldi / $145m
- Kronos /Norbert Bischofberger / $288m IBO / $157m private placement
- Kinnate Bio / Nima Farzan / $276m
- Olema / Sean Bohen / $382m (B,C, IPO)
- Rocket Pharma / Gaurav Shah / $299m
- Ikena Oncology / Mark Manfredi / $144m
Mega A/B Rounds
- EQRx / Alexis Borisey / $700m (A, B)
- Scorpion / Adam Friedman / $270m (since Q1, 2020)
- Werewolf / Dan Hicklin / $72m (B)
The third thing in common is their X-Factor:
They bring in commercial leadership early that execute the Phase specific commercial imperatives and develop defensible commercial valuations – those that stand up to diligence with the board and other industry experts in licensing discussions. Their Commercial leadership also teach and align the Executive Team and Board on commercialization, (e.g. Market Access, Pricing & Reimbursement, Medical Education, KOL development etc.).
Take a closer look at all these companies – they have the science, the leadership and the Commercial X-factor in place.
Wanna be an A-lister too – contact us.